Re: package submission policy

Thanks, this is helpful.

Larry Hall <cygwin-apps-lh>
05/17/2005 03:26 PM
Please respond to
Cygwin List <cygwin-apps>

Andrew Schulman/DC/USEPA/US@EPA, cygwin-apps
cc

Subject

At 11:41 AM 5/17/2005, you wrote:
>I'm looking at the revised package submission policy
>(http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-10/msg00384.html).  Question:
>who gets to vote for packages?  All current Cygwin package maintainers?

Yes.  Of course, if the package is already in one of the major
distributions,
it automatically clears the # of votes hurdle.

>Do maintainers get to vote against a package, decreasing its score by 1?
>Just curious.

Vetoes are possible but only from Corinna and Chris.  There's been no
rule for voting against a package AFAIR.  But if there is a reason to
bar the package, that can be brought up by anybody and the issue is
discussed.  If it's an important issue, that alone can disqualify a
package.  Take the recently discussed 'bsdiff' package.  It hasn't passed
muster because of a licensing incompatibility.  Regardless of the number
of votes, things like this can stop a package entry until or unless it's
corrected.

Holliston, MA 01746