RE: Cannot build latest CVS setup

----Original Message----

  I just tried with a fresh checkout and indeed it doesn't happen any more.
Both cfgaux dirs have a CVS subdir; the only difference is that my original
toplevel CVC/Entries doesn't list cfgaux and the new one does.

> I suspect this may've happened when I re-autotooled the
> repository.

  Well, that could explain it; I have had that tree lying around for quite a
while now.

  Hmm, is it possible I did a "cvs update -dP" at a time before .direxists
was added, cvs tried to remove the dir - somewhat bogusly, because it still
had the symlinks in it - and removed it from the CVS/Entries file at that
time?  Then after .direxists was added, "cvs update -dP" would indeed find
an unknown cfgaux dir in the way when it wanted to put it in.  That would
certainly be a more reassuring explanation than the idea that CVS just loses
entries in the metadata for no apparent reason at all.

>If you run "cvs update" without -d, it simply won't expose
> the problem.

  Yeh.  It isn't really even a 'problem'.

    cheers,
      DaveK