Re: lapack 3.0 (OpenGL and ncurses maintainers please take note)

--- Charles Wilson  wrote:

> FWIW, I think the /opt tree is PRECISELY the right thing to do with
> regards to the un-optimized lapack DLLs.  With PATH manipulations,
> binaries like octave.exe can find the "appropriate" lapack DLLs --
> unoptimized if /opt/lapack/bin is the only dir in PATH containing them;
> optimized if the local administrator installs optimized versions
> somewhere (/usr/local/bin?) and takes affirmative steps to ensure that
> /usr/local/bin precedes /opt/lapack/bin in $PATH.

Are there any other official packages that install to /opt?  I don't have an
/opt at all in my cygwin directory tree.  I am reluctant to create a new
top-level directory just for part of one package.

Not that this couldn't work.  What were down to is just a preference.
Somewhere in opt would work; so would /usr/lib/lapack.