PING Boost 1.33.0 package / take 2

PING...it's been five days.

VH

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Vaclav Haisman wrote:

I am not able to solve the problems with Boost and import libraries so I have decided to make package with just static libraries. It is still going to be very useful.

The names of the static libs are named as the Boost.Build created them. I do not think it would be beneficial to try to use different naming as there are sources that might expect this naming.

I also left the naming of the packages as it was. I do not want to maintain more than one package of Boost. The reasons are:

1. Boost is mostly backward compatible. If it is not then it is for reason.
2. There is precedent in FreeBSD Ports collection. They have only the latest Boost packaged too.

Now the hint files:

setup.hint:
# Boost 1.33.0 Cygwin package setup.hint
sdesc: "Portable C++ libraries useful across a broad spectrum of applications."
ldesc: "Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.

The emphasis is on libraries that work well with the C++ Standard
Library. Boost libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a
broad spectrum of applications. The Boost license encourages both commercial
and non-commercial use.

One goal is to establish "existing practice" and provide reference
implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for eventual
standardization. Ten Boost libraries are already included in the C++ Standards
Committee's Library Technical Report (TR1) as a step toward becoming part of a
future C++ Standard. More Boost libraries are proposed for the upcoming TR2."
category: Devel Libs
requires: cygwin boost-devel

boost-devel/setup.hint:
# Boost 1.33.0 Cygwin devel package setup.hint
sdesc: "Portable C++ libraries useful across a broad spectrum of applications."
ldesc: "Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.

The emphasis is on libraries that work well with the C++ Standard
Library. Boost libraries are intended to be widely useful, and usable across a
broad spectrum of applications. The Boost license encourages both commercial
and non-commercial use.

One goal is to establish "existing practice" and provide reference
implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for eventual
standardization. Ten Boost libraries are already included in the C++ Standards
Committee's Library Technical Report (TR1) as a step toward becoming part of a
future C++ Standard. More Boost libraries are proposed for the upcoming TR2."
category: Devel Libs
requires: cygwin zlib libbz2_1 python
external-source: boost

VH