Re: 4th summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

The following is useful information from me... I'm giving some guidance on decisions that need to be made, but I've long since relinquished any responsibility to make those decisions, so just ignore my advice if you disagree, rather than getting all uppity about how I'm not in charge and shouldn't be making these sorts of decisions.