smartmontools: monitoring S.M.A.R.T. disks and devices

Hi,

I would like to contribute and maintain the smartmontools package (http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/).

With the (re?)appearance of syslogd, the "smartd" daemon starts to get useful on Cygwin.
I recently added support to run smartd as service via cygrunsrv, including the ability to install/remove/control service via "/etc/rc.d/init.d/smartd"

# proposed setup.hint for smartmontools
sdesc: "Utilities for monitoring S.M.A.R.T. disks and devices"
ldesc: "Smartmontools contains utility programs (smartctl, smartd)
to control/monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis
and Reporting Technology System (S.M.A.R.T.) built into most modern
ATA and SCSI disks. In many cases, these utilities will provide
advanced warning of disk degradation and failure.
Project home page is at http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/";
curr: 5.34-0-20051107
category: Utils
requires: cygwin cygrunsrv

If there is any interest, I will provide test packages build from current CVS soon.

BTW: The "event message file" tool syslogevt.exe included in the native Windows version of smartmontools works also for event log messages generated by Cygwin.

Christian