Re: [ITP] updated: lighttpd-1.4.8-1 [Was: lighttpd on cygwin?]

Sorry, my previous response was inadvertently sent before I was done.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:37:39PM -0700, Verse X wrote:
> >Lapo Luchini wrote:
> >
> >> Does this means that it fails to load to you as it conflicts with other
> >> DLLs?
> >
> >Yes, but only in certain cases and situations -- not in general.
> >
> >> Whose fault is it? My ld.exe?
> >
> >No, ld still defaults to --disable-auto-image-base.
> >
> >> Should I add a "rebase" in the building script?
> >
> >No, just "LDFLAGS=-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base ./configure ..." when
> >configuring.
> >
> >Brian
>
> I'm new to this mailing list, and don't undertand what's going on here.

Note the description of this list from http://cygwin.com/lists.html:

     cygwin-apps: a subscriber-only list for discussing packaging
     issues regarding applications that are distributed with the
     Cygwin DLL. If you are maintaining or volunteering to maintain
     one of the packages that is distributed with the Cygwin net
     releases you should be subscribed to this list. This list is
     intended for discussing solutions. It is not (with one exception)
     for bug reports, "it would be nice", or "how do I" type of
     musings. Do not subsccribe to this mailing list to ask questions
     about packages. Use the main cygwin mailing list for that.

> Did Jan send Lapo some source patches, whereup Lapo built a lighttpd
> package,
> which he posted to http://www.lapo.it/cygwin/lighttpd-1.4.8-1.tar.bz2 (etc),
> and which people subsequently have problem using because of "ImageBase
> 10000000"?

Lapo posted his message and gave the URL so his lighttpd package could
be inspected preparatory to being included in the cygwin distribution.
I noted a potential problem with how the dlls were built, though
unfortunately not until after Lapo's package was uploaded by
Christopher.  I didn't actually try the package and have a problem.

> And then Brian suggested that Lapo rebuild with some additional linker
> flags?

Yes, to correct the potential problem I noted.

> This is how I sense the conversation went, although I couldn't figure out
> who Christopher is and what he meant by "uploaded".

He's one of the folks who helpfully updates packages on the sourceware
server where the cygwin distribution is kept.  He was saying he had
uploaded the package from Lapo's url to the server from whence it will
get mirrored and become available via cygwin's setup.exe program.
Also, see: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CGF