Re: [ITP] libgii 1.0.0

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:58:36PM +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 12:13:45PM +0100, Peter Ekberg wrote:
>     >> I'm proposing libgii, General Input Interface.
>     >>
>     >> If all goes well, I'm also going to propose the other handfull libraries
>     >> provided by the GGI (General Graphics Interface) project.
>     >>
>     >> Included in debian stable (but not the latest version):
>     >> http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libgii0
>     >> http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/libgii0-target-x
>     >> http://packages.debian.org/stable/libdevel/libgii0-dev
>     >>
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/setup.hint
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-1.0.0-1-src.tar.bz2
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-devel/setup.hint
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-devel/libgii1-devel-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-input-x/setup.hint
>     >> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~peda/cygwin/ggi/libgii1/libgii1-input-x/libgii1-input-x-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2
>
>     > Oh crap, forgot to inline the hints...
>
>     > libgii1
>
>     > sdesc: "General Input Interface"
>     > ldesc: "General Input Interface
>     > Mainly the input layer for GGI, the General Graphics Interface,
>     > but also usable standalone."
>     > category: Libs
>     > requires: cygwin
>

>     > libgii-devel
>
> The packagename libgii1-input-x-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2 (see above) should read libgii-input-x-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2

Ehh? Why is that, and where in the above should I look? If/when libgii
2.x is released I expect that there will be a new input-x module that
will need to somehow coexist with this one.

*time passes*

Ahh, if you are referring to the line "libgii-devel" immediately
preceeding the hint, then that line is a typo...

>     > sdesc: "General Input Interface (development files)"
>     > ldesc: "General Input Interface (development files)
>     > Mainly the input layer for GGI, the General Graphics Interface,
>     > but also usable standalone."
>     > category: Libs Devel
>     > requires: cygwin
>
> The line
> external-source: libgii1
> is missing

Right you are. *fixing*

>     > libgii-input-x
>
> The packagename libgii1-devel-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2 (see above) should read libgii-devel-1.0.0-1.tar.bz2

See above.

>     > sdesc: "X11 input module for libgii1"
>     > ldesc: "X11 input module for libgii1"
>     > category: Libs X11
>     > requires: cygwin libgii1 xorg-x11-base
>
> The line
> external-source: libgii1
> is missing

Yes. *fixing*

> Other than this, your package is GTG. Builds fine from source and
> packaging looks good.

New files uploaded, the only difference are the hints files.

libgii1

sdesc: "General Input Interface"
ldesc: "General Input Interface
Mainly the input layer for GGI, the General Graphics Interface,
but also usable standalone."
category: Libs
requires: cygwin

libgii1-devel

sdesc: "General Input Interface (development files)"
ldesc: "General Input Interface (development files)
Mainly the input layer for GGI, the General Graphics Interface,
but also usable standalone."
category: Libs Devel
requires: cygwin
external-source: libgii1