Re: An all-new upset error message - tar related?

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:59:08AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from Cron Daemon <DELETED> -----
>
>Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
>Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
>Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
>No data could be read from file at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
>PROBLEMS WITH release/w32api/w32api-3.7-1-src.tar.bz2
>
>----- End forwarded message -----
>
>I've been noticing this error message for a couple of days.
>I wonder if it has something to do with the new version of tar?
>
>So far, it has cropped up for monotone, coreutils, and, now, w32api.
>Unpacking/repacking the files on sourceware.org seems to "fix" the
>problem.
>
>Can the maintainers of these pacakges please confirm/deny if they've
>been using tar-1.15.90-1?  If not, I'll have to investigate what has
>changed on sourceware.org recently.

And, just in case anyone is tempted to "remind" me:

1) Yes, I know that I accidentally included an email address in the
above message.

2) And, yes, I know that I used my actual email message when I
sent the email.  Please don't take that as an indication that I
need to be cc'ed however.

cgf