ssh-host-config doesn't chown /var/empty properly from setup.exe

I've created a package which does some automatic configuration in its
postinstall script, including running `ssh-host-config -y < /dev/null`.
When setup.exe runs this postinstall script, ssh-host-install works
almost perfectly, except that it doesn't chown /var/empty properly:
/var/empty ends up owned by the user who is running setup.exe and group
"none" when it should be SYSTEM.root. It also ends up with 700
permissions instead of 755.

ssh-host-config has no problems when run from an xterm or tty; I've only
noticed it happening when executed from a postinstall script. I'm trying
to install on a WinXP machine, the user has administrative privileges,
and I tested the latest setup snapshot (2.529) but no luck. I didn't
notice any obvious clues from the setup source, either.

Any suggestions? Cygcheck output from the target machine is attached, in
case it helps.

Thanks,
--
Bryan Thrall