RE: ssh-host-config doesn't chown /var/empty properly from setup.exe

Igor Peshansky wrote on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:43 AM:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:04:13PM -0400, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>> Hmm, ok, the next thing to check is the fact that PATH and other
>>> environment variables may not be set the same.  Try adding some
>>> debugging information to the postinstall script (or even change the
>>> shebang line to "bash -x"), and see what's different in setup.exe
>>> and the command line.
>>
>> This seems to be debugging of an application problem rather than
>> package-related issues.  As such, I think this thread belongs in the
>> cygwin mailing list.
>
> This was my first impulse too, but then I realized that we were really
> debugging the environment that setup presents to the postinstall
> scripts. As such, it's a setup issue, and specifically belongs here,
> IMHO.
>
> If it turns out to be an ssh-host-config issue instead, it'll
> definitely get moved.
> 	Igor

Yep, setup is setting CYGWIN=nontsec, so of course chmod and chown
aren't doing what I expected. I set CYGWIN=ntsec before running
ssh-host-config, now, and /var/empty is created properly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Igor :)

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International

.