Re: [ITP] mlcscope-14.1.8 (Attempt 2)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Dave & Diane wrote:

I actually use this tool for my work at work, and so I think officially
having it in the distribution would be great.

I give it a GTG and +1 vote, too.

Thanks Reini!

Volker already voted, are there 3 more votes out there?

Cheers
Dave
Reini Urban wrote:

Dave & Diane schrieb:

Could you take another look at the mlcscope packages and let me know if anything else needs work?

http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/mlcscope-14.1.8-1-src.tar.bz2
http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/mlcscope-14.1.8-1.tar.bz2
http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/setup.hint

GTG and +1 vote from me.

Cheers
Dave
Dave & Diane wrote:

Reini,

Can you take a look at the lattest archives I made available? I hope this latest version is GTG.

All, Any other votes for mlcscope?

Cheers
Dave
Reini Urban wrote:

Dave & Diane schrieb:

Hello!

I would like to propose a new package, mlcscope for cygwin. I would like
to become the maintainer of this package. I have resolved the issues that Reini raised and am ready for another try...

I'm including the setup.hint:

$ cat setup.hint
# comment
sdesc: "Lucent version of cscope for multiple languages (mlcscope)"
ldesc: "Lucent version of cscope for multiple languages (mlcscope).
mlcscope is a source code browser tool allowing developers to simplify
searching source code. mlcscope differs from cscope by using
separate parsers for C/C++ and Java. mlcscope is developed by
Lucent Technologies."
requires: cygwin libncurses8
category: Devel

As far as I am aware, mlcscope is not available in any major Linux distribution.

I have placed the packages to be reviewed at
http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope :

http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/mlcscope-14.1.8-1-src.tar.bz2
http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/mlcscope-14.1.8-1.tar.bz2
http://www.lowtechnet.com/cscope/setup.hint

[no GTG] There's still no README in CYGWIN-PATCHES and no instructions how to build from src. You have to look into the binary packaged
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/mlcscope-14.1.8.README to get a hint.

[good] The binary is now correspondent to cscope, that is does recurse into the given dir to scan for all know sourcefile extensions.
Previously you had to prepend this with a find pipe, which was awkward given that it should have known about multiple languages.

[minor] There's still the empty homepage dir in the src pkg and also under src/homepage.

[no GTG] Following the build instructions in mlcscope-14.1.8.README:
  From /usr/src unpack mlcscope-X-src.tar.bz2
    if you use setup to install this src package, it will be
     unpacked under /usr/src automatically
  cd /usr/src/mlcscope-X/src
  make build install
$ tar xfj mlcscope-14.1.8-1-src.tar.bz2
$ cd mlcscope-14.1.8-1/src
$ make build
make: *** No rule to make target `build'.  Stop.

That has to fixed into
  cd /usr/src/mlcscope-X
  make build install

[minor] We prefer now to have the html docs in
/usr/share/doc/mlcscope-14.1.8/html

So please fix the README and add it to the src package.

BTW: It still would be much easier to use cygport.
The cscope-15.5-1.cygport file is this:
DESCRIPTION="developer's tool for browsing source code"
HOMEPAGE="http://cscope.sourceforge.net/";
SRC_URI="http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/cscope/${PN}-${PV}.tar.gz";

cygport cscope-15.5-1.cygport get almostall

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood