[ITP] Lyx 1.4.3

Dear list,

I am interested in becoming the package maintainer of the cygwin port
of lyx (http://www.lyx.org/). Lyx is a latex based word processor. It
is easy to use and has many advanced features like change-tracking.
Lyx has been part of some major linux distributions like debian,
gentoo suse and fedora. Here are some relevant links:

http://packages.debian.org/lyx
http://gentoo-portage.com/app-office/lyx
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/lyx.html
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/repoview/office.group.html

Setup.hint:

# setup.hint for lyx
sdesc: "A latex-based WYSIWYM word processor"
ldesc: "A document processor that encourages an approach to writing based
on the structure of your documents, not their appearance. It is designed
for people that write and want their writing to look great, right out of
the box. No more endless tinkering with formatting details, 'finger
painting' font attributes or futzing around with page boundaries. You just
write. In the background, Prof. Knuth's legendary TeX typesetting engine
makes you look good."
category: Publishing Editors Graphics
requires: cygwin aspell python qt3-bin libintl gettext gv tetex
tetex-base tetex-bin ImageMagick xorg-x11-fscl

I have uploaded the source and binary packages to ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.4.3/cygwin-package/ . I hope that I have managed to meet all the packaging requirements.

Please be noted that scons, instead of autotools, is used to build
lyx/cygwin. I have bundled scons-local with the source package so one
can run
   python scons.py -f development/scons/SConstruct
DESTDIR=/some/dest/dir install
to build the binary package.

Cheers,
Bo