Re: [ITP] PHP 5.1.4 (cli, cgi-fcgi, apache2) [re-issued]

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Direct package URLs:
>> http://jabberwock.vm.bytemark.co.uk/~maxb/cygphp/release/php/php-5.1.4-0.3-src.tar.bz2
>>
>> Obviously, I'll bump the 0.3 release number up to 1 once GTG is achieved.
>>
> Why --without-sqlite? It doesn't work? As an extension, is very very
> handy IMHO.

I don't remember why, sorry.

> And why --without-pear? You think it's better suited as a separate package?

Because, it's a pain to package in a way an external packaging system
can safely upgrade, because it is, itself a packaging system, with
complex state databases of its own.

However...

These last three months, I've been in full-time employment for the first
time since university. My free time is considerably more limited than it
has been in the past, and I no longer feel I can dedicate time to PHP,
as it is a package I have no personal use for at all. I therefore
rescind this ITP, in order to have more time to maintain my existing
packages. If anyone wishes to take my prototype packaging of PHP as a
basis of an ITP of their own, please feel free to do so.

Max.