Re: RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys

On Aug 20 22:57, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On further looking into this, it appears that the termcap/terminfo
> >entries are wrong.  ESC O A to ESC O D are only generated after
> >entering the DEC expanded cursor mode with ESC [ ? 1 h.  The default
> >codes are ESC [ A to ESC [ D.
>

> From what I can tell, the "expanded" codes SHOULD be
>    ESC [ n A   where n is 1-9, not 0  (and '[' should be there)
> and should be emitted when in DECCKM mode.  This stuff is all handled in
> src/command.c but it's a twisty maze that all looks the same.

No, that's not quite right.  It's O as in "O my god!", not 0 as in
01100101, and it's actually without [.  Try this with an xterm:

$ od -c
^[[D^[[A^[[B^[[C
0000000 033   [   D 033   [   A 033   [   B 033   [   C  \n
0000015
$ echo '^[[?1h'

$ od -c
^[OD^[OA^[OB^[OC
0000000 033   O   D 033   O   A 033   O   B 033   O   C  \n
0000015
$

See http://vt100.net/docs/vt220-rm/chapter4.html#S4.6.8 for how to
set the cursor mode, http://vt100.net/docs/vt220-rm/table3-2.html
for the escape sequences and
http://vt100.net/docs/vt220-rm/chapter2.html#S2.5.1 for the meaning
of CSI and SS3.

Unfortunately the vt220 manual isn't much help when it comes to the
"Home" and "End" keys, because it has "Find" and "Select" in it's place.

Red Hat