Re: mktemp and util-linux vs. new coreutils

Eric Blake wrote:
Now that upstream coreutils 6.10 includes mktemp and arch as standard
programs, should we obsolete the mktemp package and reduce the scope of
the util-linux package?  I won't promote coreutils 6.10 to current until
we come to a decision (and I'm open to the alternative idea of not
shipping the coreutils version of these programs).

Upstream mktemp has had very little activity for years now. Of course, it's also a very simple program, so it shouldn't NEED much activity. Meh.

I'm willing to obsolete the standalone version in favor of coreutil's offering.

--
Chuck