Re: Prerequisites for generating clisp

Mark Harig schrieb:
Mark Harig wrote:
> Build requirements:
>   libsigsegv
>   and the usual build tools

I attempted to generate the Cygwin clisp package using:

$ cygport /usr/src/clisp-2.xx.cygport prep compile

This required multiple passes (using 'cygport ... finish' to
remove each earlier pass) because additional header files
are needed.  Here is a list of the additional Cygwin packages
that were needed:

   libdb4.5-devel  (current version 4.5.20-2)
   libfcgi-devel and libfcgi0 (current version 2.4.0-2)
   pcre-devel (current version 7.2-1)
   libpq-devel (current version 8.1.4-2)
  This list is not complete because I do not have Cygwin/X
installed, and so the 'cygport ... compile' process stopped
(failed to compile due to missing X header files) when it
attempted to generate the 'clx/new-clx' module.

Could the above prerequisites be added to the Cygwin-specific
README file (unless I have made some fundamental error) in
the 'Build requirements' section?

Reini Urban wrote:

 > ffcall is just a build time requirement, not run-time.
 > Linked statically.

So, 'ffcall' should also be listed in the 'Build requirements'
section?

Sure. I did it, but missed it obviously in my clisp-2.44-1.cygwin.patch. Will be fixed in clisp-2.44-2, which will depend on /bin/cygpq.dll

"Builds "out of the box" on cygwin:"  is also not entirely right currently.
It used to need a interim fix during the make stage.
See the notes in clisp-2.44-1.cygport

"HACK! remove the duplicate /usr/lib/libiconv.a from LIBS
       absolute libreadline.a also clashes with -lreadline"

New is to build only a subset of the modules
cygmake "MODULES=${MODULES}"
And build the rest for the three seperate packages extra with the clisp-linkkit.
--
Reini