Re: RFD: Adding ability for maintainers to upload their own packages

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:24:49PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Please send comments here.  Is this a positive thing?
>
> I think it's brilliant!
>
>> Are there other
>> things that could be done in this scenario?
>
> lint-checking the setup.hint, and emailing a failure notice to the
> maintainer-of-record?

Yep.  That's what I meant by sanity checking before copying.  I should
have made that clear.

>That'd be a lot better than *you* getting spammed with error messages
>just because *I* screw up.

You're a mind reader.  :-)

And, it's actually better for everyone, not just me.

Actually, I was going to send email to cygwin-apps but it would be
better to send personalized email as you say.  That means an extra
level of bookkeeping, but that's ok.

cgf