This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gnuplot patch to speed up cygwin implementation by 2x
- From: Jim Kleckner <jek-cygwin2 at kleckner dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:57:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: gnuplot patch to speed up cygwin implementation by 2x
- References: <48611BF4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Jim Kleckner wrote:
The attached patch for gnuplot speeds it up on Cygwin
by around 2.5x due to unbuffered reads for all file types.
I will submit it upstream as well.
See this link for the original discussion:
I withdraw that patch.
I tried nailing the places where setvbuf and setbuf were called on stdin
but that no longer works to eliminate the very high kernel/system time
overhead seen with pipes.
Instead, I'll figure out how to eliminate the pipes in my toolchain, unless
someone has a suggestion on where to look.