Cygwin 1.7.0-19 (was Re: New Cygwin 1.7.0-18 in release-2)

On Jul 17 17:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again I would like to encourage the Cygwin maintainers, to try the new
> Cygwin 1.7.0 release and to look for problems in their packages which
> might be a result of the fairly massive changes in Cygwin 1.7.  I
> attached a list of the changes below.  The latest changes are:
>
> - Changes in mkpasswd/mkgroup and in seteuid() should result in more
>   correct user tokens in AD domains.  Try the LSA module.
> - Case-sensitivity on NTFS and NFS and mount option "posix=[0|1]".
> - Remove CYGWIN=ntsec and CYGWIN=smbntsec options in favor of a mount
>   option "acl"/"noacl".

I just uploaded 1.7.0-19.  I made the following changes

- Workaround for the problem Eric reported, a "permission denied" when
  creating files on a Samba shares mounted with "acl" option (default,
  replacement for CYGWIN=ntsec option, see comment in default /etc/fstab
  file).

- Removed the CYGWIN=binmode option.  We're now always using binmode
  for pipes and stuff.

- ls // now lists all SMB servers in all accessible domains and workgroups,
  instead of just the servers in the machine's member domain or workgroup.

Red Hat