Re: New Setup for Cygwin 1.7 on cygwin.com

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:17:49AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>But, as I said, every package does not rely on cygwin.  Perhaps if every
>package did rely on cygwin that would solve a problem but, in reality,
>every package *does* rely on what base-cygwin does and doesn't actually
>rely on cygwin1.dll.

Adding a 'cygwin' dependency whereever one is missing causes this
dependency order:

base-cygwin base-passwd cygwin libiconv2 libintl8 libintl3 alternatives terminfo libncurses8 libreadline6 bash ash texinfo _update-info-dir gawk tzcode coreutils findutils sed base-files libbz2_1 bzip2 libpopt0 cygutils groff gzip termcap libpcre0 less man cygwin-doc editrights grep ipc-utils login rebase run tar which

cgf