New package behaviour of setup.ini

  I want to make /very/ sure of this, which is why I'm asking:

  If an entirely new package appears on the mirrors, setup.exe won't install
it automatically, even if in the past you have maybe set the entire "Devel"
category (as it happens to be in this case, but I could have said the entire
top-level "All" category) to "Install"?  Or will it?

  The experimental 'gcc4' packages I'm ready to upload are incompatible
packaging-wise with the current 'gcc' packages; different requires: lines,
different number of packages, only one common source package for the lot.

  So I don't think I can make it just a new -4.3.0-1 version of the existing
package.

  That means that anyone who wants to play with it needs to manually uninstall
their existing gcc first, and then install gcc4.  (This can of course be done
safely in a single pass of setup.exe.)

  If it were to install on top of an existing gcc install, the result would be
"a nasty mess".  It's not the end of the world if someone who's willing to
play with an experimental compiler has to do a bit of rolling back and
forward, but I want to be very very very *very* certain that uploading won't
/under any circumstances/ trigger automatic installation on anyone who doesn't
specifically select it in the package chooser screen.

  If there's any danger of this happening, I will upload it as a "test"
version, and people will just have to deal with selecting all/a-valid-subset
of the packages themselves.  But if it's absolutely positively definitely
guaranteed safe, I'd rather upload it as the "curr" version, so the
interdependencies work without users having to click the "exp" radio button
and maybe get lots of other experimental stuff they don't really want.

    cheers,
      DaveK