Re: New package behaviour of setup.ini

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 06:45:51PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>  I want to make /very/ sure of this, which is why I'm asking:
>
>  If an entirely new package appears on the mirrors, setup.exe won't install
>it automatically, even if in the past you have maybe set the entire "Devel"
>category (as it happens to be in this case, but I could have said the entire
>top-level "All" category) to "Install"?  Or will it?

Selecting the Devel category is only a one-time thing AFAIK.  I don't
think that selection is stored in setup's crude disk settings files.

>  If there's any danger of this happening, I will upload it as a "test"
>version, and people will just have to deal with selecting all/a-valid-subset
>of the packages themselves.  But if it's absolutely positively definitely
>guaranteed safe, I'd rather upload it as the "curr" version, so the
>interdependencies work without users having to click the "exp" radio button
>and maybe get lots of other experimental stuff they don't really want.

I'm pretty sure it should be safe.  If it isn't then I'm sure the Cygwin users
will be intell...  Wait a minute.  Er.

I'm pretty sure it should be safe.  If it isn't then I'll be standing by
to make an emergency upset run to fix the problem.

Btw, does this version remove the -mno-cygwin option?  If so, I may have
to leave work early so that I can have a celebratory beverage.

cgf