This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] gcc-tools-autoconf, gcc-tools-automake
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 22:13:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ITP] gcc-tools-autoconf, gcc-tools-automake
- References: <495FBEB4.email@example.com>
Charles Wilson wrote:
> Special versions of "pristine" (that is, no cygwin-special patches) of
> autoconf-2.59 and automake-1.9.6 as required by gcc, installed into
> This should make it easier for Dave, and those who want to help him, to
> develop gcc and binutils -- avoiding things like this:
This would be very helpful and get a +1 from me; I was already
uncomfortable with shipping a package that had a build dependency not (any
longer) available in the distro, and was wondering whether I was going to have
to patch cygport to let me ship with patched versions of the generated files.
Thanks you very much!