This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems using the setup.exe program
- From: Ralph Hempel <rhempel at bmts dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:47:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: problems using the setup.exe program
- References: <51CC1CB300F14655B89F0A3CCF00A8D0@alex>
alex wallis wrote:
Hi list I am fairly new to cygwin and am writing to ask a few questions
about selecting packages when installing cygwin.
My problem I am facing is this.
I am blind, as a result in order to use a computer I use a program
called a screen reader.
Fortunately, the latest version of setup for 1.7 allows
package selection from the command line.
This is a _huge_ (ok maybe not that big) deal for users
exactly like you.
You can do things like:
setup -q -n -D -L %SITE% %LOCALDIR% %PACKAGES%
if you set up environment variables for SITE, LOCALDIR, and
Note that PACKAGES should be a comma separated list of packages
you want to install with NO SPACES between entries.
All the dependencies ar looked after automagically.