Re: GCC4 status.

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Charles Wilson wrote:
>> This is a binutils, not gcc, issue (unless you just want gcc's specs
>> file to automatically pass the option to ld.  But then, how does Bruno
>> turn it off, as he does, for gettext and libintl?
>
> Maybe we tell him how things should be done on Cygwin, rather than *him*
> telling *us* how Cygwin should work.

I just picked gettext/libintl as a known example of existing projects
where --disable-auto-import is the desired (by *somebody*, doesn't
matter who or why) behavior.  There could be other end-users who, for
whatever reason, want to avoid auto-import.  Putting
--enable-auto-import into the specs file makes that...tricky.

--
Chuck