Question: Desired owner/group when running setup-1.7.exe

Hi guys,

along the lines of the thread starting at
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-04/msg00066.html I'd like to ask a
multiple choice question to all of you.

Right now, setup-1.7.exe constructs the POSIX permissions ACL for the
files it extracts like this:

  owner: Current user.
  group: The primary group of the account running setup.
  other: Everyone, as usual.

Two examples:

In case of any local, non-domain account, the ownerships will be the
same, regardless whether the account is admin or not:

  owner: Current user.
  group: "None" or the native equivalent, the local group with RID 513.

In case of a domain user account, the ownerships will be

  owner: Current user.
  group: The primary group of the current user, a domain group, typically
         "Domain Users" or the native equivalent, the domain group with
	 RID 513, if the primary group hasn't been changed in AD.

As the discussion in the aforementioned thread shows, this might not be
feasible in all environments.  OTOH, whatever we do, somebody *will*
complain.

I don't think it makes sense to have a setting in setup.exe to choose
user and group explicitely.  We should make a default setting and
everything else is up to the chown tool.  The question is, which default
setting is the most feasible and will probably lead to the least
complaints.

So, here's the multiple choice question:

  How should setup.exe choose the file ownership for extracted files?

  [ ] I like it as it is.  Just keep it.

  [ ] If the current user is an administrative user, make "Administrators"
      the group of the files:

        owner: Current user.
        group: Administrators.

  [ ] If the current user is an administrative user, make "Administrators"
      the owner of the files:

        owner: Administrators.
        group: The primary group of the account running setup.

Thanks in advance,

Red Hat