Re: [ITP] task-1.7.1-1 (pinging for awaiting review)

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Perhaps there's actually a problem with task's makefiles or configury not
> understanding "--docdir=/usr/share/doc/task" correctly?

  This is task-1.7.1/Makefile.am:

> SUBDIRS = src
> EXTRA_DIST = task_completion.sh doc/man1/task.1 doc/man5/taskrc.5
> man1_MANS = doc/man1/task.1
> man5_MANS = doc/man5/taskrc.5
> otherdir = $(datadir)/doc/task-$(VERSION)
> other_DATA = AUTHORS ChangeLog COPYING INSTALL NEWS README task_completion.sh

  That does seem a funny way to do things to me, and it obviously ignores
$docdir.  You might want to discuss this upstream; the autoconf-2.63
documentation defines those two variables as:

 -- Variable: datadir
     The directory for installing idiosyncratic read-only
     architecture-independent data.

 -- Variable: docdir
     The directory for installing documentation files (other than Info
     and man).

so you want to allow for the possibility that the user will have changed one
or the other on the configure command-line.

    cheers,
      DaveK