Re: R: [ITP] talkfilters-3.8.1-1

On Nov  9 21:01, JonY wrote:
> On 11/9/2009 16:45, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> >--- Sab 7/11/09, JonY  ha scritto:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>This utility transforms English text into stereotyped
> >>dialects.
> >>
> >>The files are under<http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/>.
> >>Unfortunately, its not browsable, here is the file list.
> >> [...]
> Hi,
> sorry about that, here is the wget'able list. Attached is the list of
> files for wget -i, in case the inline list gets mangled.
>
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/libtalkfilters1/libtalkfilters1-2.3.8-1.tar.bz2
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/libtalkfilters1/setup.hint
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/setup.hint
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/talkfilters-2.3.8-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/talkfilters-2.3.8-1.tar.bz2
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/talkfilters-devel/setup.hint
> http://www.cadforte.com/cygwin-uploader/talkfilters/talkfilters-devel/talkfilters-devel-2.3.8-1.tar.bz2

A few comments:

You didn't say in which stable Linux distro this package is available.
Without that info, your package needs five votes from other maintainers.

Packaging looks good.  I'm just wondering why all the executables are
linked statically against libtalkfilters, rather than being linked
against cygtalkfilters-1.dll.  Don't eat your own dog food? ;)

Red Hat