Re: R: [ITP] talkfilters-3.8.1-1

On 11/10/2009 23:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Nov 10 22:16, JonY wrote:
On 11/10/2009 17:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
You didn't say in which stable Linux distro this package is available.
Without that info, your package needs five votes from other maintainers.

Packaging looks good.  I'm just wondering why all the executables are
linked statically against libtalkfilters, rather than being linked
against cygtalkfilters-1.dll.  Don't eat your own dog food? ;)

Corinna

Hi,

I did not see it on the Debian side of things, so I thought there
weren't any, but searching deeper shows some RPMs available on
rpmfind.net, I'm not sure if they're third party RPMs, or part of
the official distro repositories.

For Slackware:<http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.2/utilities/talkfilters/2.3.8/>

It's not in the distro itself, I just checked on the slackware home page.

The dll is made up of all the objects that forms the individual
filter executables.

Yeah, it just looks like it makes more sense to call the functions in the DLL from the executables...

Corinna

Hi,

I guess this means needing 5 votes.