Re: Need input on packaging mingw-w64 for Cygwin

On 1/23/2010 21:51, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
mingw-w64<http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/>  is a fork of mingw to
support both win32 and win64. It'll obviously be setup as a cross
compiler on Cygwin.

I would like to get some inputs from Cygwin maintainers before I
start packaging; mainly because mingw-w64 is a fairly large
toolchain package and I'm still inexperienced at using cygport.

Comments?

It will be nice to have it!

One question though, is there a point to having gdb?  The stdin/stdout
handling is messed up a little due to it being an interactive DOS app
running within Cygwin.  It works, but the command line interface can
get a little messy after a while.

Cheers!

Chris

Hi,

You could build a cross gdb, and use gdb server on the inferior. Yeah,
its a bit of a long shot, but I think it should work.