Re: uw-imap-imapd: suggestions for cyg_server issue

The problem you will run into is that 544 can be changed (e.g. to 0).
It's better to do it learn it dynamically.
The following is from the cron package source code.

in xxxx.h
#if defined(__CYGWIN__)
#include <windows.h>
#include <sys/cygwin.h>
/* Macro to define variable length SID structures */
#define SID(n, name, sid...) \
struct  { \
  BYTE  Revision; \
  BYTE  SubAuthorityCount; \
  SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY IdentifierAuthority; \
  DWORD SubAuthority[n]; \
} name = { SID_REVISION, n, {SECURITY_NT_AUTHORITY}, {sid}}

in yyyy.c

#else /* __CYGWIN__ */
        if (is_winnt) {
                SID(2, AdminsSid, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DOMAIN_RID, DOMAIN_ALIAS_RID_ADMINS);
                int admins_gid = cygwin_internal(CW_GET_GID_FROM_SID, &AdminsSid);

Pierre