Re: New openssl package layout (was Re: Remove PINE from distro)

On Jun 23 14:38, Yaakov S wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 11:38 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Can you please have a look if that's ok?
> >
> > wget -nH -r \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/libopenssl098/libopenssl098-0.9.8o-2.tar.bz2 \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/libopenssl098/setup.hint \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/openssl-0.9.8o-2-src.tar.bz2 \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/openssl-0.9.8o-2.tar.bz2 \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/openssl-devel/setup.hint \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/openssl-devel/openssl-devel-0.9.8o-2.tar.bz2 \
> >   http://www.vinschen.de/openssl/setup.hint
>
> openssl-devel should requires: libopenssl098 now, not openssl.

I did that deliberately.  the -devel package is supposed to pull in
the base package as well, which in turn requires the correct versioned
libopenssl* package.  This way the -devel tools also pull in the user
tools and man pages, and there's only the openssl package's setup.hint
which has to be changed if the version number of the lib changes.

>   Besides
> that, this looks alright.

Thanks!

> > Btw., if that's ok, I have the openssl-1.0.0a-1 package ready as well.
> > So, after we uploaded the above 0.9.8o-2 package and converted all
> > setup.hint files in the release area accordingly, we can switch over
> > to openssl 1.0.0.  For starters I have an openssh release based on
> > openssl 1.0.0 waiting in the loop, too.
>
> You'll make a separate lib package for 1.0.0 as well with that release,
> right?

Yes, sure.  Wasn't the idea of the change to get versioned runtime libs?

I'm going to upload this new package now.

Then we have to change all dependencies throughout the release area from
"openssl" to "libopenssl098" and inform the maintainers.

Red Hat