[ITP] gnucap - initial questions

The Gnu Circuit Analysis Package has a stable version 0.35 from 2006 and a very usable dev version from December 2009. I have found it useful in my work, and considerably easier than trying to compile SPICE or find a decent free SPICE binary. There are already Debian and Fedora packages.

It compiles in Cygwin with an extremely simple 5 line patch, which has not changed over multiple releases from the 2006 version to today. Is there interest in making it a Cygwin package? I'm willing to put together a current package, but I'm not confident that I can handle porting future releases if they require more complicated patching. Perhaps someone else would be willing to take this up?

I would lean towards making the initial package the latest dev version and the "previous" version the stable 0.35 release; what is standard practice?

Best,
Peter