Re: Up for new maintainer - base-files and base-passwd

On 14/09/2010 10:30, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Sep 14 11:07, David Sastre wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:54:05AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Sep 13 10:33, John Morrison wrote:
It is with regrets that I give up the maintainership of the cygwin
base-files and base-passwd packages.

Anybody willing to take over a few bash scripts?

I'd like to do that. Is there a detailed list of things to correct in the

Cool, thank you!

base-files package? Or should I look for that info in the archives?

This is only spreaded throughout the cygwin and cygwin-apps ML archives. There was also a recent discussion on cygwin-developers, see http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2010-09/msg00007.html

There's also the issue I reported in [1] where interactive shells which have a non-interactive shell in their ancestry don't get PS1 set correctly.

(This affects the shell started by xterm when started from the X tray menu when X is started from the start menu short cut, and can also be demonstrated with 'bash -c bash')