Re: SETUP: default to mintty

On Aug  4 11:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug  3 21:37, Andy Koppe wrote:
> > I like the setup.exe parcel idea, but this also needs improvements. In
> > particular, the 16x16 version doesn't work, with the parcel just an
> > ill-defined grey blob behind the C. Also, the shadow behind the C on
> > the 256x256 makes even less visual sense here than in the terminal
> > frame.
>
> Almost nothing works in 16x16.  As long as one can see the C I'm not
> overly concerned.  However, there's something wrong.  While the
> desktop icon is the right setup icon, the 16x16 icon in the window title
> and (on Vista) the big taskbar icon only shows the default cygwin icon.
> That's strange.  I reordered the icons explicitly so that the setup icon
> comes first.  Why does that work on the desktop but not in the window
> titlebar and the taskbar?!?

There's another problem, albeit not a big one.

The setup icon also exists in 256x256, so I had the idea that to use
that in setup's start screen.  But it just didn't work.  I change
the line

  ICON            IDI_CYGWIN_SETUP,IDC_SPLASH_ICON,114,114,21,20,WS_GROUP

  ICON            IDI_CYGWIN_SETUP,IDC_SPLASH_ICON,1,1,256,256,WS_GROUP

but it had no effect at all.  What ever sizes I tried, the icon had
always the same size, 48x48.

Does anybody know if and how I can force Windows to use the 256x256 icon
in that dialog?

Red Hat