Re: 256x256 px icons

Erm... say that again? Here's where you're losing me. I don't even know how to make the stroke thicker unless it would be a big, square block.

Elaborating on steps I gave a few messages up the thread:

- enlarge the canvas to make room (Image > Canvas Size)
- right click stroke layer in Layers panel, Alpha to Selection menu item
- Select > Grow
- fill selection with stroke color (Edit > Fill with BG Color)

Voila, the stroke is now thicker.

But never mind that. Here's a re-spin of the logo, with the strokes thickened and the wedge shadow reduced again. It looks rotten at full size, but it's just what you need for direct resizing down to 32 px and smaller:

http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/beveled-for-small-composites.xcf

Here's what you get when you resize the C-on-terminal with this thicker stroke:

http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/terminal-with-c-aa-32.png

Want the stroke even whiter? Okay, so thicken the stroke some more before resizing.