Re: cygport suggestion: src_postinstall

On 3/12/2012 12:14 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-03-11 07:52, Ken Brown wrote:
On 2012-03-09 17:53, Ken Brown wrote:
2. I would prefer that __prep_texlive not be called, since it causes
the
postinstall script to do unnecessary work. All that's needed for auctex
is mktexlsr.

Then we should figure out how to fine-tune __prep_texlive(). The first mktexlsr is always needed, and the updmap-sys will be limited to packages including Add*Map command(s) per our other thread. Should we limit the fmtutil-sys call to packages including addFormat command(s)?

That seems like a good idea. But what about packages that include addHyphen commands? I'm not sure whether formats have to be rebuilt after such packages are installed. In any case, there's probably something that needs to be done for such packages.

The language.* files which are shipped in collection-basic are already complete and include the files listed therein, so there is no need for the addHyphen commands.

Do any non-texlive packages add anything which would necessitate a call
to updmap-sys and/or fmtutil-sys?

I don't think so. The only non-texlive package in the distro that adds anything to /usr/share/texmf is gnuplot, and it only adds a .sty file and a .cfg file.

In that case, we can rely on the tlpobj files what needs a fmtutil-sys call as well. How about the attached?

This looks good. Thanks! With this patch, I'm happy with the texlive postinstall scripts except possibly for the fc-cache issue that I raised in a different thread. What do you think about that? The solution I proposed is pretty ugly. I'm sure there's a better way.

Ken