Re: [ITP] heimdal

On Mar 22 21:03, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2012-03-21 04:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Cool.  So it does work.  The problem is, I assume that most people
> >will try to use it against a Windows domain.  We should at least
> >know how to do that to be able to create a FAQ for the required
> >settings.
>
> I installed Cygwin on W2K8R2 (thanks for the tip BTW) running in
> VirtualBox, and was able to get a ticket from the Windows KDC with
> Heimdal's kinit.  The krb5.conf was quite simple:
>
> [libdefaults]
>         default_realm = YAAKOV04.LOCAL
> [realms]
>         YAAKOV04.LOCAL = {
>                 kdc = WIN-MP8TGPRC41F.YAAKOV04.LOCAL
>         }
>
> Where YAAKOV04.local is the AD domain, and WIN-MP8TGPRC41F the name
> of the AD domain controller.  FWIW I tried kdc = 127.0.0.1 but it
> didn't work, I'm not sure why yet.
>
> So while I suspect we're going to get a lot of questions on the
> list, as this is working properly, I'm going to go ahead and upload
> this with the fixed localstatedir.

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea.  However, I didn't have a
problem with kinit.  I could also create a ticket, but ssh -K didn't
work and only printed this confusing error message "unknown mech-code
2529639054 ..."

Perhaps I did something invalid?  My KDC is a 2008 AD DC.  I tried to
ssh to my Linux box which only connection to AD is the kr5.conf file for
Samba.  Sure, I changed the sshd_config file to allow GSSAPI and
Kerberos, but... is there anything else to do to get that working, maybe?

Red Hat