Re: cygport: variable package names

On 2012-05-04 03:37, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Yaakov, Ping?

my workaround has a problem, see below.

Yes, because the P* variables aren't set that early.

Therefore it would be nice if we could get some official method to
set package-relevant variables in a pre-package stage, like I asked
for in my original mail:

I'm not sure this particular technique is a good idea, because there are other consequences of an ABI version bump; the first of which is that other .hint files for that package must be adjusted. Your method could easily cause one to miss those changes, which would lead to broken installations.

That being said, I'll think about this further.

Yaakov