HEADSUP: ruby-1.9.3 (attn: Jari, David, Ken)

Upstream has announced EOL for Ruby 1.8.x; right now it is receiving only security fixes. Therefore, it is now time to move on to the now-stable 1.9.x series.

For the moment, the latest release is here:

ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/uploads/ruby/

The newly ITP'd libyaml0_2 is a new dependency.

The following distro packages depend on Ruby, by maintainer:

Jari Aalto: bsfilter, rdtool (needs update)
David Rothenberger: subversion-ruby (patch for 1.9 here[1])
Ken Brown: texlive-collection-binextra, texlive-collection-context, texlive-collection-pictures

rdtool and subversion-ruby will need to be updated/rebuilt for 1.9.3. The others are only scripts, so they just need to be tested for proper operation with 1.9.3.

I would like to make this transition in the next few weeks; I'm already working on rebuilding ruby-dependent packages in Ports. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

TIA,

Yaakov

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/subversion.git/plain/subversion-1.7.2-ruby19.patch