Re: ITP: apngopt -- Optimize APNG animated images

On 2012-10-21 18:59, marco atzeri wrote:

| builds and packages fine. GTG

Thank you for your testing.

| I continue to think that upstream decision to make a package of every
| single command is very poor choice.

It depends how you look at it. I understand the decision:

    - It can make maintenence easier (every utility has it's own
      track record, security updates, VCS repo, etc.)

    - People can install what they really need, individually.

Personally I wouldn't want to install collection "X", when all I would need
would be utility "A" from it; but I'd be forced to to also get B, C, d, E,
F, G ... with the "X".

I tend to prefer minimalism during install.

| I also notice that the manual is written by you and upstream
| is not providing the elementary "--help" option.

Good catch, I'll contact upstream and cook a patch in a mean while.

Jari