Re: LICENSE: base-files and use of CC0 - public domain

On Oct 26 02:27, Jari Aalto wrote:

> On 2012-10-25 23:20, David Sastre Medina wrote:
> | > https://github.com/dsastrem/base-files.git
> |
> | Most probably, a wrong assumption on my side.
>
> No worries, it caught my attention as it was an unusual choice, considering
> the existing licencing policy in Open Source software projects.
>
> | License in the base-files package contents.
> | What would be more appropriate? GPLv3?
>
> The relevant[1] big ones are GPL, BSD-2-clause, MIT and Apache. Trying to
> avoid license fragmentation is always a good move.

Despite all the arguments, here's a question:  If PD is such a bad idea,
why is Fedora's setup package, which provides much the same service
as our base-files package, PD licensed as well?

Why on earth should it be required to put really simple startup scripts
under more complex than the absolute necessary licenses?

Red Hat