Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin

On 17 March 2013 13:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> You certainly could but that would mean that you'd be releasing untested
> software for 64-bit.  Is that something that we want to endorse or should
> we have some way of validating this.

This brings up an interesting point, in that I don't have access to a
64-bit machine to validate any packages I maintain.  Would running a
64-bit version of Windows in VM (i.e. virtualbox) be acceptable?
Having a cross-compiler would be a definite plus because I've found
VMs to be incredibly slow, so it would be fine for validating but I
wouldn't want to compile in a VM.

> If we could (this is just pie-in-the-sky speculating) drum up funding
> for a 64-bit version of Windows would you be willing to install it?

I also lack a 64-bit Windows OS, but I believe you can download a time
limited trial of Windows8 in 64-bit?

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe