Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin

I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
impact package maintainers.

So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.

1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?

2) If no, would you be willing to install one?

3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?

4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
attempting anything?

5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
it is time for you to stop offering the package?

6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
you?

7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
your packages built by someone else?

1) Yes 2) N/A 3) already done 4) No 5) No 6) Not needed 7) Not needed

There are probably other considerations that I haven't thought of. Any insights welcome.

cgf

Regards Marco