Re: Recent cygport and cygwin-specific READMEs [Was: Re: GCC-4.7.2-2: Go/No-go?]

On 11 April 2013 23:37, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-04-11 07:37, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> #2) Is it possible to use the auto-setup.hint-generator functionality
>> for multi-part package sets (e.g. which contain multiple separate
>> tarballs, in addition to -src and -debuginfo)? If so, how?
>

> Yes; it just works, and also handles inter-subpackage dependencies (e.g.
> apps in foo will dep libfooX, and implibs in libfoo-devel will dep the
> corresponding DLL in libfooX).  Just define CATEGORY/SUMMARY/DESCRIPTION
> (there are also subpackage-specific variants of these) and omit the hint
> files from $C; at the end of the package stage, cygport will show you the
> dependencies it computes for each package so you can check them.

I'm struggling to get setup.hint generation to work. Is it supported
with cygport 0.11.3 as currently in the distros? Below is the
mintty.cygport I've got. Do I need to do anything else to trigger it?

Cygport prints ">>> mintty requires:" at the end, which is correct as
it doesn't require anything beyond the Cygwin DLL, but there's no
setup.hint.

I've also tried installing cygport from git master but got this after
running ./autogen.sh && make:

make: *** No rule to make target `data/gnuconfig/config.guess', needed
by `all-am'.  Stop.

Andy

mintty.cygport:
NAME=mintty
VERSION=1.2-beta1
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Base Shells"
DEPEND="make gcc-core w32api"
HOMEPAGE="http://mintty.googlecode.com";
SRC_URI="http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-${PV}-src.tar.bz2";
SUMMARY="Terminal emulator with native Windows look and feel"
DESCRIPTION="\
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin. It is based on code
from PuTTY 0.60 by Simon Tatham and team.

Features include:
* Xterm-compatible terminal emulation.
* Full Unicode support.
* Native Windows user interface that tries to keep things simple.
* Graphical options dialog. Options stored in a text file.
* Drag & drop and copy & paste of text, files and folders.
* Extensive mouse support.
* Window transparency."

_CYGPORT_RESTRICT_postinst_doc_=1

src_compile() {