This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:14:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- References: <20130629175908 dot GA5778 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130630093846 dot GA2000 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130630223132 dot GA5077 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130701092301 dot GD2000 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130701111532 dot GA20414 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130701114624 dot GE2000 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130701125056 dot GF2000 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130701151815 dot GA4763 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130701164017 dot GB4763 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87li5qdxdp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130701180225 dot GC4763 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> The change itself breaks a few cases that maybe aren't supported,
>> but nevertheless worked for quite some time.
> What cases?
I have abandoned this directory layout some time ago, but I was doing
with normally a single setup.ini in each subtree (sometimes a few levels
down) and it would integrate all the setup.ini it found depending on
where I'd start setup.exe or what I told it was the local directory.
I'm still using a similar layout for keeping track of the mirrors and my
local packages, but I copy the package files and re-write setup.ini to
reference them in a single tree somewhere else.
> Just to be clear, the introduction of the target subdirs broke any
> former working scenario to install from a local dir, be it a mirror or a
> setup.exe install dir. Both of these cases should work again (assuming
> the above is fixed).
> I'm not aware of any other scenario besides ./$target and ./$url/$target
> we will have to support. Can you give a brief outline of the scenarios
> which aren't supported anymore from your POV?
In the directory structure above, starting at a directory at <â> or
above. As I said, I don't think this is something that must be
supported. I'm also unsure what your changes mean for local directories
that have no setup.ini file at all, but it appears from your description
that these are expected to work as they did before (I've never used
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9: