This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:44:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink
- References: <87hagedrdu dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130702092849 dot GA10542 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130702094006 dot GB10542 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <8738rw20zw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130703073701 dot GC5118 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87obaj1vmq dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130703182826 dot GB3182 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130703190653 dot GH5118 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130703193134 dot GF3182 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130703194502 dot GI5118 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 09:45:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul 3 15:31, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The "cache" name could be user-configurable but I think I'd prefer
>> adding a "release" tag to setup.ini which controlled this, assuming that
>> Yaakov was ok with that. That would mean that it would be easier to use
>> normal sourceware mirrors with cygwinports. The cygwinports stuff would
>> show up in a separate directory automatically.
>Hang on. If you always only look for setup.ini files in the $target or
>cache/$target subdir, without scanning the directories as today, how
>would setup be able to handle multiple setup.ini files at once, one from
>the Cygwin distro and one from cygwinports?
My ignorance is showing. I didn't fully grok that people were
installing combined cygwin + cygwinports installations with one
invocation of setup.exe.