This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[64bit] New: net-snmp-5.7.2-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygapps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:34:36 -0700
- Subject: [64bit] New: net-snmp-5.7.2-1
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol
for monitoring the health and welfare of network equipment
(eg. routers), computer equipment and even devices like
UPSs. Net-SNMP is a suite of applications used to implement SNMP v1,
SNMP v2c and SNMP v3 using both IPv4 and IPv6. The suite includes:
* Command-line applications to:
* retrieve information from an SNMP-capable device, either using
single requests (snmpget, snmpgetnext), or multiple requests
(snmpwalk, snmptable, snmpdelta).
* manipulate configuration information on an SNMP-capable device
* retrieve a fixed collection of information from an
SNMP-capable device (snmpdf, snmpnetstat, snmpstatus).
* convert between numerical and textual forms of MIB OIDs, and
display MIB content and structure (snmptranslate).
* A graphical MIB browser (tkmib), using Tk/perl.
* A daemon application for receiving SNMP notifications
(snmptrapd). Selected notifications can be logged (to syslog,
the NT Event Log, or a plain text file), forwarded to another
SNMP management system, or passed to an external application.
* An extensible agent for responding to SNMP queries for
management information (snmpd). This includes built-in support
for a wide range of MIB information modules, and can be extended
using dynamically loaded modules, external scripts and commands,
and both the SNMP multiplexing (SMUX) and Agent Extensibility
* A library for developing new SNMP applications, with both C and
* The snmpd daemon does not provide much useful
information. Installing it as a service under Cygwin is left as
an exercise for the user.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
"There is such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
-- David St. Hubbins, "Spinal Tap"