This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] scons - Open Source software construction tool.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 19:17:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ITP] scons - Open Source software construction tool.
- References: <51D60757 dot 5090402 at acm dot org> <20130705093144 dot GB12869 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51D6E39C dot 7030402 at acm dot org>
On 2013-07-05 10:17, David Rothenberger wrote:
I sincerely hope that nobody will ever use scons.
+1; I cringe every time I have to deal with it.
If it becomes popular, I will quickly be out of my depth maintaining
the package, since I'm no gcc build expert nor a Python programmer.
Fortunately, I doubt it will; I ship only five packages which use scons
in Ports. Waf (which isn't much better) seems to be the current
preference for those that want Python-based general purpose build systems.
BTW, I'll remove scons from Ports at the next upload.